Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Little Pony


There has been quite a bit written the last couple days regarding the Celestial Steed and whether or not Blizzard is right to sell it. The 'against' group are saying that it is a cash grab or that items this special should only be for persons that are lucky enough to get it from a world drop or end game instance. The 'for' group (which technically I guess I am in) a) doesn't care or b) doesn't care.

I purchased one today, along with the Lil'XT. Why you ask? Because I can. I like the game and my daughter likes the game and when she saw them she wanted one and I like doing stuff for my daughter. It got me bonus points when she was playing and all of a sudden the mail icon lit up. She opened the mailbox and there they were. It was Christmas and I was the top dog in the gift distribution list. My wife couldn't even come close to something as special. She even made my daughter get out of bed at 7:00am on a Saturday to go to swimming lessons. She definitely didn't earn any points with the kid today.

Was Blizzard right? Was it a cash grab? Maybe - a new expansion is coming out soon and that costs money to make. The costs for the artwork alone to create the "World" of Warcraft boggles my mind. Creating this world is not cheap. Most say they make a ton of money every month. Yes they do, but that is to keep the current hardware working and to provide the database technicians to help recover the solid stone you deleted by mistake. I also read that there is going to be a need to upgrade and/or replace much of the existing hardware to be able to handle the new improved world.

So if you think it was a cash grab, guess what, don't buy one. If you think it should have only been available for you 6000 GS, uber snobs from the depths of Ice Crown Citadel, initiate a corporate take over and reverse the decision. While I wait for that to happen, I will continue to bask in the attention from daughter. FOR I AM SUPER DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment