Monday, April 19, 2010

The Diet

I am not sure how I am going to relate this to WOW, but over the weekend I found myself in a discussion with my wife over blue nacho chips. You see, my wife started a corporate challenge where she works, and the goal is to totally eliminate processed foods from her (and by extension the households) diet. I think their mantra is "eat to live, not live to eat". So all our "crap" food was removed from the house. That was about 3 months ago. We are doing well, my wife is over 20 pounds lighter, I am totally the same weight (I think my issue is exercise), and my kids are still asking, "Whats for dinner at the gulag?".

My issue is these healthy blue nacho chips are triangular which makes it difficult to scoop my organic salsa made from free range tomatoes out of a round bottomed bowl. It came to a head on the weekend and I asked my now thinner better half to search tirelessly for round blue nacho chips. Then I can safely scoop my chips without fear of spillage. Seriously, it was like practicing yoga to get the salsa out of that damn bowl with a triangular chip (which may solve my exercise issues). She was given an ultimatum, "Bring home round blue chips, or round normal nacho chips".

Well she came home with the triangular blue nacho chips, I gasped in horror until she handed me the square bowl. It's for my health she explained.

A topic for another day, why with "healthy" foods, do they make it almost impossible to get into? Seriously, potato chips you grab the two sides of the bag and tug and the bag opens. These blue nacho chips the bag needs a nuclear intervention (i.e. scissors) before it opens. I am thinking it has something to do with providing us some exercise.

Any way, I digress, connection to WOW - yes, what WOW foods would you consider healthy and which would you consider unhealthy? Feel free to make your suggestions in the feedback below.

I have to go now and eat my roasted egg plant sandwiches - YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment