Thursday, April 15, 2010

Courtesy is Dead

Please understand that the last thing I want to do is steal the thunder of the other contributor to this blog. So to Alts I apologize, but something happened last night while I was playing WOW that I just can’t let go.

I was on Shammy Davis (I think I’m going to put a space in his name now) and I was on a quest to kill a certain mob that spawns “randomly” in a certain area. I’m being vague because the particulars really don’t alter the conclusion of this little parable. While killing the surrounding mobs in hopes of triggering the random spawn I see a hunter from the same faction running around beside me killing the same mobs. The poor hunter was not doing quite as well as he should and was on the verge of death. Noticing this I toss him a quick heal and move on with my killing spree. This happened a total of three more times for a total of four times I saved this basement dwelling craptard. Now most decent members of society would, at the very least, toss a “Thanks” my way or even a freakin’ wave, not this product of inbreeding. Not only does he not wave he ends up killing the mob that finally spawned as a result of all the killing that I was doing.

Screw you jackass!

Next up on the dumb ass parade is the asstastic individual who followed me up a path on the way to the final kill for another quest only to run past me as I engage the second last mob to ninja the end objective for me.

Awesome, thanks!

I understand that everyone’s time is precious and everyone is looking for the quickest way to get to the end game, although I don’t know why. But would it kill someone to invite you to a group so when you kill that final objective you both get credit for it? How hard is it share a quest? Give me a break, this is the kind of crap that makes me want to jab shards of glass in my eyes. This is another reason why I haven’t jumped into a low level dungeon yet. I know that the Dungeon Finder is a great way to help supplement ones leveling progress. Unfortunately, the last time I tried I was paired up with a tank that still suffered from resurrection sickness, a healer that hadn’t trained up his skills for the last 6 levels and a dps that was AFK for the whole run, but I digress.


Maybe I’m wrong (I doubt it) maybe I shouldn’t have healed that hunter. Maybe I should have “gone all nerd-ranty” on the ninja. Maybe, but I don’t play the game that in that way. I have enough stress in my job and personal life, I sure has hell don’t need to get all stressy over a video game. I play this game to relax (ha) and if I can’t enjoy myself while I’m playing I turn the game off. I just hate the fact that sometimes I have to turn the game off because someone else doesn’t know how to function as a human being. So please, I beg of you, the next time you get an anonymous heal or buff give that player a wave. It goes a long way and it doesn’t cost you anything.

1 comment:

  1. /wave
    *pocket is 5g lighter*
    You lied!!!

    ReplyDelete