Monday, May 10, 2010

Stupid Stuff or What's Wrong With RL?

It has been a week or so since my last article. I have been traveling for work the last couple of weeks so my WOW time has been limited. Similarly, I have not had much time to think of something to write about. While I was driving today I was reflecting on my last week or so and found myself chuckling about the stupid stuff that has happened to me. I am going to recall a few of these situations. Are they WOW related? Probably not. But I am sure you can think of a few stupid things that have happened to you in WOW.


Online Banking

With all the traveling I have been doing, I have had to do a little bit of money transferring. I attempted to log into one of my accounts and found out that I never did set up the online banking. So I dialed the phone number that was listed on the site. We have all heard the queuing. Press 1 for English, press 2 for French (Well in the US it may be press 2 for Spanish). Anyway, why is it when you press 2 you get a French person speaking French, but if you press 1 you get a French person speaking English with a horrible French accent?

Hotel Pools

I was in a hotel pool in Toronto last week and while sitting in the luke warm hot tub I noticed the safety gear stationed around the pool. Life rings and rope, fair enough, I am sure it is a legislative necessity. However; the pool in question was only 15 feet wide by 30 feet in length. On each ring there was a good 50 feet of rope and there were 4 of these positioned around the pool. Funny thing - the pool was only 3 feet deep. Picture this, "Help me I am drowning". Crowd of onlookers, "STAND UP!"

Oil Changes

Last summer I stopped going to those quick lube places, maybe because they forgot to tighten the oil filter and all my oil sprayed out as I embarked on a 600km drive. So this time I took the car to the dealership. Their oil change takes apparently 60 minutes to complete. Well I guess 20 minutes for the oil change and 40 minutes to go over the car and make a list 3 pages long regarding what they think is wrong with my car. They only wanted another $1500 to make my car "right". I was in a hurry and didn't want to have to explain that money doesn't form in my warm, dark, moist areas and that I would have to budget and prioritize these fixes.

That's it, that's all the stupid stuff I can remember, I am sure there was more but at my advanced age I am lucky I can get my depends on with the tag at the back.

OH, on a WOW note - on my shadow priest I was able to get my cooking leveled from 25 to 400 in about an hour and a half without buying mats from the AH.

Yeah me.

No comments:

Post a Comment